The WIADC is a not-for-profit community organization overseen by a Board of Directors, that owns and operates the Wood Islands Market complex. The Market, with its heritage-themed buildings are located near the only ferry connection (Wood Islands Ferry) and is a key location for Islanders and visitors to obtain information, shop, grab a bite, or embark on a walk or cycle along the scenic Confederation Trail.
WIADC also owns and operates the Wood Islands Lighthouse which is the beacon that marks Wood Islands as the Gateway to Eastern PEI. The lighthouse property is a unique heritage attraction that will be undergoing a transformation over the coming seasons and will be part of the Wood Islands Heritage Seashore.
WIADC Mission: To encourage a socially, environmentally, and economically healthy community.
WIADC Objectives: To create a sense of community; to develop and promote employment opportunities within our community; to maintain and enhance the presence of the ferry service; to utilize existing facilities to their fullest potential, and expand where necessary to meet these objectives.
Site Manager Role:
- Reporting to the Chair of the WIADC Board
- Seasonal 6 month (May to Oct) full time on a flexible work schedule
- Work independently in meeting the objectives of the Board of Directors and the corporation’s community constituents.
- Work with project manager on revitalization master plan which includes the Wood Island Market and the newly branded Wood Islands Heritage Seashore.
- Develop and nurture relationships with key funders in managing financial applications, coordination, and reporting. Oversee the administration,
- partnership development and agreements with staff, Board, and community collaborations.
- Manage the physical Wood Islands Market and Wood Islands Lighthouse day to day operation.
- Be the “go to” person for Board members, site Staff, Lesees and users of the site and social communications tools.
Skills, Qualifications and Attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to function independently, responsibly, and professionally.
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking abilities with the ability to delegate.
- Positive and cooperative attitude.
- Effective, concise, and professional communications and office management skills.
- Some understanding and experience with the workings of all three levels of government. Must have the ability to investigate and pursue government programs and services in support of the progress and development of WIADC.
- Ability to work with various organizations to promote the objectives of the board and maintain relationships.
- Ability to implement and maintain effective communication with the members of our community, including social networking and e- communications.
- Ability to provide guidance, oversight and leadership to the staff of WIADC.
- Experience with volunteer organizations.
- Prior involvement with property and/or events management.
- Knowledge of or familiarity with the community of Wood Islands and environs.
- Experience in general office management administration.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers, to include effective use of “MS Office” suite of products.
- Familiarity with double entry accounting and utilization basic bookkeeping processes.
- Ability to promote and manage the Wood Islands Welcome Centre in Wood Islands, including relationships and contracts with tenants and other potential users.
Remuneration: Starting at $1000/week for 6 months May to Oct.
To Apply: Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter in confidence to: email@example.com by March 1st 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest – however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.